Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Woo-Hoo (and, Boo)

So, I continue to scour mock drafts looking for good news from the beloved, and certainly always 100% correct, pundits of the football world.

Today, I found some very good news. It appears ESPN (and/or Scout Inc.'s) Todd McShay believes the Chiefs will be selecting not a Quarterback, not an Offensive Lineman, not a Defensive Lineman... but, whom I (and a few of those super, duper pundits, too) believe to be the best talent in the draft: Linebacker Aaron Curry, Wake Forest.

Now, apparently McShay has been pouring over my previous notes on this here wonderful blog, because why else would everyone begin jumping on the Curry bandwagon... I know, exactly, because of me.

However, as I continued to read (like most good bloggers do), I found McShay made a HORRIBLE, AWFUL, downright RIDICULOUS prediction for the Chiefs in the 2nd round: Quarterback Josh Freeman, Kansas State (aka Jamarcus Russell Jr.)

Sure, it's the second round... but that is not what the Chiefs need (hell, that's not what any franchise needs... save maybe the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers... no, they didn't all select Russell, they are AFC West competition... oh you followed, gotcha). I do not want a physical speciman... I want a Dan Marino type: slow, kinda dorky... smart as hell.

No comments: