Sunday, July 6, 2008

Change that Guard

As this blog grows, you will quickly learn the sports that one could consider my strengths. One that I will never claim to be an expert on is tennis.

But, Rafa Nadal just finished off one of the greatest matches in Wimbeldon history. Not only did the match itself last almost five hours (4 hours 48 minutes) of actually on court time, but it also lasted until almost 9:30 pm in London time.

Federer, who had won Wimbledon five times in a row, took this match to the fifth set (official score was 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-7 (8), 9-7).

Wow. I wish I had more to say.

1 comment:

acline said...

Go Rafa! That was easily one of the top 3 matches of all time. I watched every second. Or at least every second up until the botched switch to baseball coverage sent me scrambling across the cable channels. Not smooth at all.